Harold C. Pillsbury, MD, FACS
Division of Otology/Neurotology/Skull Base Surgery
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Department of Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery
CB# 7070 Chapel Hill, NC 27599
• Kevin D. Brown, MD, PhD, Associate Professor
• Harold C. Pillsbury, MD, FACS, Professor and Chair
Requirements for Appointment:
• Board eligible/Board certified Otolaryngologist
International applicants will be considered
• Valid North Carolina state medical license
• Ability to begin July 1, 2016
• Position of Clinical Fellow
• Salary commensurate with PGY-6 level
• Standard medical, disability, and malpractice
• 3 weeks of vacation
• Availability and support to present research at national meetings
• Educational fund
• A letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation should be sent to:
Kevin D. Brown, MD, PhD
Director, Neurotology Fellowship Program
Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery CB# 7070
The University of North Carolina School of Medicine Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7070
• The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity/ADA employer
• Application Deadline: January 15
• Starting Date: July 1 - June 30
• Duration of Fellowship: 2 years
• University Affiliation: University of North Carolina
• Licensing Requirement: NC Licensure Required.
• Appointment Level: Clinical Instructor - Department of Otolaryngology, University of North Carolina
• Operating Privileges: Yes
• Clinic Responsibilities: Weekly Fellow clinic, and instructing residents in general clinics, temporal bone laboratory.
• Operative Experience: Entire spectrum of otology, neurotology, lateral skull base surgery, cochlear implantation, surgery of the cerebellopontine angle, surgery for chronic vestibular disorders, chronic ear surgery.
• Research: Clinical and extensive basic science opportunities available.
• Resident Supervision: Yes
• Case Load: Approximately 300 operative cases per year.
• Benefits: Medical, liability, life and disability insurance, travel and educational expenses.