May 31, 2013
The UNC School of Medicine is now accepting applications for the position of Executive Associate Dean and AHEC Program Director. Please view the posting and apply online via Carolina's PeopleAdmin website. A more detailed position description can also be viewed here.
Learn more about the AHEC program at the following website. The NC AHEC 2012 Progress Report (pdf) may be of special interest, as well as The AHEC Review newsletter and other informative articles and reports which can be found on AHEC's Publications page.
Articles regarding AHEC Outcomes:
- "Practice Transformation in Teaching Settings: Lessons From The I3 PCMH Collaborative"
- "Improving Chronic Illness Care in Teaching Practices: Learnings from the I3 Collaborative"
- "Infrastructure for Large-Scale Quality-Improvement Projects: Early Lessons from North Carolina Improving Performance in Practice"
The Search Committee is pleased to receive questions and comments from applicants and stakeholders. Please contact the committee by calling (919.966.0598) or emailing Carol Edenton, Committee Support. Committee members are:
- Mary Hall, AHEC Director and Deputy Chief Academic Officer, Carolinas Medical Center; Committee Chair
- Cedric Bright, Assistant Dean for Special Programs and Admissions at UNC School of Medicine
- Michael Coates, Professor and Chair of Family Medicine at Wake Forest School of Medicine
- Paul Cunningham, Dean of Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University
- Leah Devlin, Professor at UNC Gillings School of Public Health
- Cam Enarson, Vice Dean for Finance and Administration, UNC School of Medicine
- Ben Money, President & CEO of NC Community Health Center Association
- Suzanne Ortega, Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs at UNC
- Charlie Owen, Board Member: Mission Hospitals/Mountain AHEC and UNC Health Care
- Ron Strauss, Associate Provost at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Kristen Swanson, Dean of UNC School of Nursing
- Marvin Swartz, Professor & Head, Division of Social & Community Faculty, Duke University Medical Center
- Deborah Teasley, CEO, Southern Regional AHEC