Map & Directions
For detailed directions to the UNC Family Medicine Center, please click here.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Please note that our doors open at 8am on Wednesday for those with Physical Therapy, Nutrition, or other appointments
Saturday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm No prescriptions are filled on Saturdays
Monday - Friday: 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 8:15 am - 11:45 am
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00am- 6:30 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am- 5:30 pm
After Hours Care
For medical assistance after clinic hours, please call 984-974-0210 and press 0 when prompted to speak to a UNC Healthlink nurse. Healthlink nurses will work closely with UNC Family Medicine doctors on call to assist you.
Contact a Family Medicine Provider
To leave a non-urgent message for your doctor, nurse or other medical staff using your My UNC Chart account, please click . This service is NOT for urgent or emergent issues.
Please allow at least two business days for us to respond. If your question requires an immediate response, please call 984-974-0210. If you have a medical emergency, please dial 911.
We have a couple reminders for the times you need to get a prescription refilled at the Family Medicine Center
1. Call your pharmacy in advance. Please call at least 7 business days before you will run out of medication. The pharmacy’s telephone number and your prescription number are listed on the prescription package (note sample below). Most prescriptions can be refilled by following this simple procedure.
- If no refills remain on your prescription, your pharmacy will contact Family Medicine and, if appropriate, it will be refilled within 2 business days.
- Please note that requests received on weekends or holidays may take longer than 2 days.
2. Some medications require an office visit prior to refill. Examples that require an office visit include all controlled prescription medications (such as stimulants, narcotics and benzodiazepines), and any prescription medications if you have not had an appointment at the FMC within the last 12 months. If an appointment is required, please schedule through My UNC Chart (myuncchart.org) or call 984-974-0210 to make an appointment. Bring all current prescriptions and over-the-counter (OTC) medications with you for your doctor to review.
Please contact our office via My UNC Chart (myuncchart.org) or at 984-974-0210 if there are any changes in your preferred pharmacy, or if you need an appointment or other information.
You can request a referral to a specialist in any of the following ways:
- Discuss with your provider during a scheduled appointment
- Request a referral using your My UNC Chart account.
- Leave a message by phone for your provider at 984-974-0210.
Medical Record Requests
To request your medical records please click here. UNC Health Care's Medical Information Management Department provides assistance with all patient medical records.
UNC Family Medicine is committed to protecting your privacy and is required by applicable federal and state laws to maintain the privacy of your protected health information. "Protected health information" is your individually identifiable health information, including demographic information, collected from you or created or received by a health care provider, a health plan, your employer, or a health care clearinghouse that relates to: (1) your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition; (2) the provision of health care to you; or (3) the past, present or future payment for the provision of health care to you.
We love feedback from our patients! It helps us grow and improve. Please let us know what you think of UNC Family Medicine.