UNC Family Medicine is hosting a 6 week course called Living Healthy. Living Healthy is a free six week workshop for people who suffer from a chronic disease and would like to take control in a healthy way. The class atmosphere is a judgment-free environment and will give you the chance to meet others that are dealing with the same type of issues you face every day. Over the course of 6 weeks, participants will learn:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate management of medications
- Skills for effectively communicating with friends, family, and health care providers
- Tips for healthy eating and exercise
- How to make informed treatment decisions and much more!
In addition, participants who enroll will receive a student packet and free textbook. Incentives that correlate with the weekly topic will be given to participants based on attendance. Participants who attend 4 out of the 6 classes will become “Living Healthy Certified” and will receive a certificate at the end of the course along with a Food Lion Gift Card. Attendance at all 6 classes are recommended but not mandatory.
The class will be at held at UNC Family Medicine on Tuesdays, March 3rd to April 7th from 1:30pm - 4:00pm. Take control of your chronic condition and enroll today! Please call Kristie Howard (919) 962-4971.