Welcome to the UNC Family Medicine Clerkship. We will do everything possible to make this your best learning experience ever! We want you to grow and learn in a supportive, nurturing environment. We have designed this site to help you get the most out of the rotation and we encourage you to use the site frequently to guide your learning. If you see errors or have suggestions for improvement of the site please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Key Course Information:
- Preparing for the rotation: As you start the rotation go to the Overview Tab to to get a sense of the clerkship. Preparation is required in advance of the orientation! Follow the link to find preparation reading and video. Complete Student Interest form to give to your Preceptor. Go to Orientation tab to find out more details about the orientation day.
- Assessment: See Requirements and Grading for more detailed description of grading and the actual grading forms. This will help you better understand expectations and how to prepare. Pay particular attention to the section "Preparing for the OSCE and Written Exam" and make sure you review the powerpoint on how to prepare for the OSCE.
- Learning during the rotation: See Educational Activities for more detailed description of the major components of the course. You may also find the simplified checklist helpful to clarify expectations for assignments.
- Feedback: Ask for feedback often. You will also meet with your campus director formally at midrotation. Please bring completed Self Evaluation and print out of One45 Procedure Log to that meeting.
- Clinical Log: You will be required to document that you saw all core clinical conditions and procedures that are part of the rotation in the Clinical Log. This foreshadows documentation requirements that you will be asked to follow the rest of your career. Failure to document in log will delay release of your grade. See Clinical Log tab for more details.