The Care Assignment is described in more detail elsewhere. During the orientation students will be introduced to this assignment in more detail. Using Team Based Learning (TBL) Format students will also learn important lessons of Patient Centered Care and Population Health. Preparation for this session is crucial.
Preparation in advance of session:
- Watch Video on Minimally Disruptive Medicine by Victor Montori http://vimeo.com/6328967 (26 minutes)
- Read article on motivational interviewing by Stewart and Fox
- Read article on social determinants of (un)healthy behaviors by Chin et al.XX
At the end of orientation students will be able to:
- describe concepts of minimally disruptive medicine
- describe patient centered approaches to care
- describe important social determinants of health
- discuss importance of prioritizing among disease specific guidelines in patients with multiple comorbidities
- demonstrate effective strategies of motivational interviewing and goal setting.