Key words: non-coding RNAs, gene regulation, functional genomics, computational biology, diabetes and metabolism
- the contribution of microRNA networks to gene expression dynamics
- microRNA mediated regulation of lipid homeostasis and insulin sensitivity
- dietary and microbial control of microRNAs that regulate intestinal epithelial cell function
- microRNA and whole transcriptome analyses of liver diseases, including cancers.
- microRNAs and tRNA-derived RNAs as biomarkers of disease
- and novel forms of intercellular communication via regulated transfer of small RNAs
The research paradigm in the Sethupathy lab is highly interdisciplinary, with lab members regularly engaged in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, genomics, and computational biology.