- Department News
Three Department of Genetics faculty members are ranked as most cited in their fields
Yun Li, Karen Mohlke, and Chuck Perou are among the top 1% most cited world researchers in their subject fields for 2014.
Jim Evans and Chuck Perou are featured in a Special Section on Breast Cancer in Science
Evans and Perou are quoted regarding the risks of reporting germline mutations in numerous genes implicated in rare forms of hereditary predispositions to breast cancer.
Terry Furey and Praveen Sethupathy coauthor a Perspective in Science
The Perspective is entitled "Genetics Driving Epigenetics."
- Upcoming Events
- CCGS Friday Seminar Series - Eddy Rubin Sep 19, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- BCB Colloquium/Brian Bower Sep 22, 2014 04:40 PM - 05:30 PM — 2030 Bondurant Hall
- G&MB Tuesday Student Seminars Sep 23, 2014 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM — Pagano Room, LCCC
- Wednesday Research Colloquium/Bowden Sep 24, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — Pagano Conference Room, LCCC
- BCB Research in Progress Seminars Sep 25, 2014 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — MBRB G202
- Department Highlight
The Department of Genetics ranked 4th in the nation in its field for NIH research funding in 2013.
- Genetics News
- Largest cancer genetic analysis reveals new way of classifying cancer Aug 07, 2014
- International team sheds new light on biology underlying schizophrenia Jul 22, 2014
- UNC researchers pinpoint new role for enzyme in DNA repair, kidney cancer Jun 09, 2014
- Scientists visit 8,400 North Carolina students May 08, 2014