Professor of Surgery
and Medical Director
of Perioperative Services,
Office phone: 919-966-3383
Research interests: Thoracic oncology, cardiothoracic simulation. Dr. Feins no longer performs surgery.
Dr. Feins is principal investigator of an eight-institution research study funded by AHRQ aimed at finding out whether simulation training for cardiothoracic surgery resident physicians can help improve patient safety. Lifelike simulators simulate most aspects of heart surgery and lung surgery. For more information and to see videos of the simulators in use, click here.
Education and Training
- Resident, Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y., 1980-1982
- Chief Resident, Surgery, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, N.Y., 1979-1980
- Resident, Surgery, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, N.Y., 1976-1979
- Intern, Surgery, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, N.Y., 1973-1974
- M.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1973
- B.S., Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Dartmouth, N.H., 1969