- Fellows must be graduates of accredited surgical residency training programs plus completed one year of research, minimally invasive surgery, and endoscopy training.
- Application materials are due no later than August 1 (the year prior to intended start) through the Fellowship Council
- Applications are accepted THROUGH THE FELLOWSHIP COUNCIL, only.
- Interviews will be conducted in October and November, and the position will be offered through the Fellowship Council’s Match Program.
ECFMG - Educational Commision for Foreign Medical Graduates
- Submit all paperwork before the residency match (usually mid March); ECFMG becomes busy & processing time are often delayed
- Our institution accepts either E-3, H-1, or J-1 visas, through UNC Global Center
Kathleen Dulaney, Program Coordinator
Laparoscopic Institute of North Carolina
UNC Department of GI Surgery
4035 Burnett-Womack Bldg.
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7081
Tel (919) 966-8436
Fax (919) 966-8440