click to enlarge
Drs. Tim Farrell and Pamela Rowland
Farrell was presented with the award at the "Celebrating Educational Scholarship" Banquet held as part of ASE's 2012 Surgical Education Week in San Diego, CA. Anthony Meyer, Chair of the Department of Surgery, and Pamela Rowland, Associate Chair for Education, with strong recommendations from his peers and students. The ASE Awards Committee annually selects those candidates who best demonstrate the qualities of an outstanding teacher, as follow:
- commitment to teaching
- expert knowledge
- enthusiasm and stimulation of interest
- encouragement of problem solving
- ability to provide feedback and effective evaluation
- role modeling of professional characteristics
- accessibility and openness to new ideas.
For more information on this and other ASE awards, click here.