Determining if weight-loss surgery is the right choice.
Weight-loss Information Seminar:
Please join us for an information session to learn how weight-loss surgeries can help you or someone you care about. In the sessions, members of UNC Health Care's team - one of the nation's leading Bariatric groups - provide details on the options for weight-loss surgery and on the benefits of UNC's personalized approach.
1. Attend Information Seminar - 2013
Wellness Center: Located at Meadowmont, 100 Sprunt St. Chapel Hill, NC. Led by either Dr. Timothy Farrell or Dr. Wayne Overby. Seminars are held:
- January 15th, February 19th, March 19th, and April 9th from 6 - 7pm.
- May - December 2013 will be held 1st Tuesday of the month from 6 - 7pm.
- Please call to register at: 919-966-8436.
Support Group: Held 3rd Wednesday of each month from 6-7pm at the new Aesthetic Center, 151 Old University Station Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. For questions, please call the Bariatric Coordinator, Lisa Prestia, RN, CBN, at 919-966-8436.
- November 20, 2013, Reconstructive Surgery - Surgical Options after Weight Loss Surgery, presented by Dr. Lynn Ann Damitz, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, UNC.
- December 18, 2013, Patient Led Group.
- January 15, 2014, Patient Led Group.
2. Verify insurance information
You will need to call your insurance company to determine if Bariatric surgery is a covered benefit. The codes for the operative procedures are:
3. Complete Assessment
You will need a complete assessment to see if Bariatric surgery is right for you including:
- An application reviewing your BMI, your weight-loss history, and any obesity-related health conditions
- Submit the Bariatric Application Form
4. Schedule a multi-disciplinary clinic visit
This pre-surgical evaluation is an all-inclusive appointment
- You will meet with a dietitian, psychologist, and nurse practitioner in one convenient location
- After this visit, the compiled information will be submitted to your insurance for final approval
- Once approved, an appointment with the Bariatric surgeon will be scheduled.
5. Personalized Treatment
Together, we will take steps to determine:
- If surgery is the right treatment for you
- The type of procedure that is right for you
- If you are mentally and emotionally prepared to make lifelong lifestyle changes
- That you have, or will have, the necessary support system around you as you get back to life after your weight-loss surgery.
Making Appointments for Tara Zychowicz, FNP:
- 919-966-8436, Make "new" appointment.
- 919-484-1015, Make "Return" appointment, effective 8/30/13.
- All appointments are located at: UNC Highgate Specialty Clinic, 5316 Highgate Dr. Suite 125, Durham, NC 27713
- UNC H