The goal of the Employee Relations Office within the School of Medicine is to promote, encourage and strengthen communication between employees and management at all levels.
Services provided include:
- Providing guidance and advice on EPA and SPA employee related issues.
- Assisting and counseling employees, supervisors and Department Chairs on various employee relations issues including successive discipline, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Assisting in conducting investigations for workplace violence, harassment, and discrimination cases.
- Managing investigations stemming from the HCS Code of Conduct/Disruptive Behavior Complaint Process.
- Assisting with the Performance Management System: helping with work plans, evaluations and appeals.
- Developing tools for managers/supervisors as well as employees to improve communication, the work environment, and understanding of University policies and procedures.
Lisa Bjornstad Voss, MS
Employee Relations Consultant
NCDRC Certified Superior Court Mediator