The UNC Hospital Medicine Program is committed to providing excellent clinical care here at UNC Hospitals. Our Faculty ensures patients receive the highest quality care and seamless transitions from admission to discharge. We serve as clinician educators for our trainees and colleagues. In addition we are leaders in quality improvement in and around UNC Hospitals.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients while hospitalized. Given the ever increasing complexity of inpatient care our role is crucial to ensure a safe and efficient experience for our patients. Our group of faculty is all Board Certified in Internal Medicine. Some of our faculty also has Board Certifications in Pediatrics, Nephrology, Infectious Diseases and Geriatrics.
What do hospitalists do?
- ensure high patient satisfaction
- prevent re-admissions
- maintain communication with primary care providers to ensure continuity of care
- work for the highest standards of patient safety
- communicate effectively with patients and their families
- work within an interdisciplinary team model for patient care with nursing and case management staff