Professorships, scholarships, and other private funding support would enable us to provide the best clinical care, educate our future doctors, and research new ways to deliver care, prevent disease, and care of vulnerable patients with chronic conditions.
Giving may also benefit you, should you choose to give through a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder trust, or other legal arrangement.
The goals of our Division’s fundraising efforts are to raise funds in the following critical areas:
- Education to promote primary care careers.
- Research and education on health disparities and ways to overcome them.
- Research on literacy and improved health communication.
- Research on preventive care (especially in the areas of heart disease and cancer screening).
- Internal Medicine Excellence Fund
- Russell P. Harris Prevention Fund
2. To mail your gift, you may send a check, money order or cashier's check made payable to The Medical Foundation to:
4. Faculty and staff of UNC may contribute to the division via payroll deduction.
5. To make a gift of appreciated securities, stocks, bonds or mutual funds, and receive considerable tax advantages, please call Beth Braxton, Director of Development at 919-843-8254 for instructions.