Welcome to the UNC Internal Medicine Clinic
We are dedicated to improving the health of North Carolina’s adults. We strive to attain this goal by providing high quality care, performing innovative practice-based research, and training the physicians of the future. We offer primary care services and specialize in the provision of innovative care for medically complex patients with multiple health issues.
While promoting strong doctor-patient relationships and providing outstanding continuity of care, we believe in a team approach to healthcare. Nurses, administrative staff, clinical pharmacists, care assistants, nutritionists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and physicians contribute to the care of each patient at every encounter.
We offer the following Clinic Services for adult patients (18 years or older):
- Adult Primary Care Clinics - focusing on disease prevention, health promotion, disease management, diagnostic evaluation and acute care
- Same Day Clinic - established patients can be seen within 2 days for acute (non-emergent) illnesses. We reserve appointments in our practice to see you on the same day or next day you call.
- Travel Clinic - immunizations, other medications and traveler's advice for patients planning travel abroad
Disease Management (Enhanced Care) Programs - focusing on patients with chronic conditions
- Anticoagulation/Warfarin Clinic - monitoring and safe prescription of anticoagulants (warfarin) and prevention of future clots
- Diabetes Program - visits with diabetes specialists, certified diabetes educators (CDE) and support from care assistants
- Diabetes Eye Screening/Retinal Photography- we can now screen for diabetic eye disease with our retinal camera, no eye dilation required
- ADA-approved Diabetes Self-Management Education Group - group sessions for patients with diabetes
- Dietitian/nutrition visits - medical nutrition therapy for patients with diabetes and patients who want to lose weight
- Chronic Pain Clinic - pain management for patients with chronic (non-cancer related) pain
- Heart Failure - visits with providers, educational sessions and support from care assistants
- Hospital Follow-up - visits with providers to discuss recent discharges from hospital to assist patients with transitional care
Onsite radiology, pharmacy, and laboratory services.
UNC Health Care has a network of primary and specialty physician practices throughout the greater Triangle area. Click HERE For more information.