We look forward to working with you and your doctor to better control your pain
What to expect at your first visit:
- You will meet with the Pain Service care assistant to discuss details about your pain. We will review what treatments you have tried in the past.
- This visit should last about 45 minutes once you check in.
What to expect at return visits:
- You will meet with the Pain Service specialist who will direct medical management.
- This visit should last about 1 hour once you check in.
What to do to get ready for the visit:
- Bring the bottles of all pain medications that you are taking.
- Bring bottles of any pain medicines you took in the past that you still have.
- Bring any notes or letters you may have about your pain from doctors who are not in the UNC system.
What to expect in the future:
- You will come to clinic every 4 weeks until your pain is stable. At that point, visits will be every 2 months to every 6 months, depending on how well you are doing, and what medications you are taking.
Contact information for the UNC General Medicine Pain Service
Phone: 919.843.0391 or Toll-Free: 866.633.8002
Please call us if you have any questions or cannot make it to your appointment.