Welcome to the General Medicine Blood Pressure Clinic.
We are located in the Internal Medicine clinic on the 3rd floor of the Ambulatory Care Center. We look forward to working with you and your doctor to control your blood pressure.
Reasons for this visit:
- To help get your blood pressure lower
- To help prevent heart attack, stroke, and kidney damage
What to expect during the visit:
- You will spend between 15 to 30 minutes with your high blood pressure specialist.
- We will review all of your medicines.
- We will check your blood pressure
- We may take some blood to make sure your medicines are right for you.
What to do to get ready for the visit:
- Take all of your medicines as usual on the day of the visit.
- Bring all medicines with you to the clinic.
- If you have your own blood pressure machine, bring it with you.
- Go to your local pharmacy or use your home blood pressure machine to check your blood pressure 3 times before your visit. Write down the date, blood pressure, and your pulse.
Blood Pressure (both numbers)
Contact information for UNC Internal Medicine’s Blood Pressure Clinic:
Phone: 919.843-0391 or Toll-Free: 1.866.633.8002
Please call us if you have any questions or can not make it to your appointment.