FOR THE VISIT
If you are a new patient, you will meet your new provider and possibly a medical student.
- If you are a return patient you will usually see your primary care provider but may see a teammate or colleague if you needs urgent care or your doctor is unavailable.
- Your provider will review your history, medications, and previous tests.
- Your visit will take between 45 minutes to one hour once you have been checked in.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET READY FOR THE VISIT
- Bring your UNC Medical Record Card
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring all of your medications (bringing the bottles is best)
- Bring copies of any records you may have from previous doctors including lab results, test results, or letters.
- Bring your glucose meter if you have one.
- Complete and bring new patient information forms
- Take your medicine as usual on the day of your visit.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE FUTURE
- If you have any blood tests taken, you should expect to be contacted by your provider through a letter or a phone call about the results of your tests.
- If you do not hear from your provider within 2 weeks, please call the office to get the results.
Please call us at if you have any questions or cannot make it to your appointment.