FOR THE VISIT
If you are a new patient, you will meet your new provider and possibly a medical student.
- If you are a return patient you will usually see your primary care provider but may see a teammate or colleague if you needs urgent care or your doctor is unavailable.
- Your provider will review your history, medications, and previous tests.
- Your visit will take between 45 minutes to one hour once you have been checked in.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET READY FOR THE VISIT
- Bring your UNC Medical Record Card
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring all of your medications (bringing the bottles is best)
- Bring copies of any records you may have from previous doctors including lab results, test results, or letters.
- Bring your glucose meter if you have one.
- Complete and bring new patient information forms
- Take your medicine as usual on the day of your visit.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE FUTURE
- If you have any blood tests taken, you should expect to be contacted by your provider through a letter or a phone call about the results of your tests.
- If you do not hear from your provider within 2 weeks, please call the office to get the results.
Your doctor may give you a business card with specific contact instructions, otherwise please call 919-966-1459.
If you need refills, please have your pharmacy fax refill requests to 919-843-9355
We have financial counselors on hand to help patients resolve billing problems, assist with financial arrangements for healthcare services and screen for eligibility for UNC assistance programs.
After hours on evenings or weekends, you may call 919-966-3820 for an advice nurse.
If you have a medical emergency please call 911.
Please call us at 919-966-1459 if you have any questions or cannot make it to your appointment.