These appointments are for non-emergent, acute illness.
We recommend that you call ahead to make an appointment.
Walk-in patients, if they are already established, returning internal medicine patients, will be seen on a first come first serve basis.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR VISIT
- You will be seen by a provider and possibly a medical student. This may not be your primary care provider.
- Your provider will review your history, medications, and previous tests.
- Your visit will take about one hour.
- Bring your UNC Medical Record Card
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring all of your medications (bringing the bottles is best)
- Bring copies of any records you may have from previous doctors including lab results, test results, or letters.
- Bring your glucose meter if you have one.
- Complete and bring new patient information forms
- Take your medicine as usual on the day of your visit.
- You will likely be asked to follow-up with your primary care provider shortly after being seen in Same Day Care.
- If you have any blood tests taken, you should expect to be contacted by your provider through a letter or a phone call about the results of your tests.
- If you do not hear from your provider within 2 weeks, please call the office to get the results.
- Your doctor may give you a business card with specific contact instructions, otherwise please call 919-966-1459.
- If you need refills, please have your pharmacy fax refill requests to 919-843-9355
- We have financial counselors on hand to help patients resolve billing problems, assist with financial arrangements for healthcare services and screen for eligibility for UNC assistance programs.
- After hours on evenings or weekends, you may call 919-966-3820 for an advice nurse.
- If you have a medical emergency please call 911.
Please call us if you have any questions or cannot make it to your appointment.