CID 0819 - Apheresis Procedures to Obtain Leukocytes from HIV+ Subjects
- Question: To devise new methods of activating resting HIV infected cells in laboratory.
- Population: HIV positive participants with a viral load <50, CD4 >350, and who have been on HAART >6 months.
- Duration: Up to 3 years.
- Call: Amanda Crooks 919-843-9564.
A5279- A Phase III Clinical Trial of Short-Course Rifapentine/Isoniazid for the Prevention of Active Tuberculosis in HIV-Infected Patients with Latent Tuberculosis Infection
- Question: To compare the efficacy of a 4-week daily regimen of rifapentine (RPT) plus isoniazid (INH) to a standard 9-month daily INH regimen for TB prevention in HIV-infected patients
- Population: HIV positive participants > 18 years old with positive tuberculin skin test or positive serum IGRA
- Duration: 3 years after the last subject is enrolled
- Call: Susan Pedersen 919-966-6713
A5321: Decay of HIV-1 Reservoirs in Subjects on Long-Term Antiretroviral Therapy: the ACTG HIV Reservoirs Cohort (AHRC) Study
- Question: The purpose of this study is to examine longitudinal changes in HIV-1 reservoirs among HIV-1 infected subjects receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- POP: About 20 HIV-infected men and women, ≥ 18 years of age who meet the following group-specific criteria:
- Group 1: Virologically suppressed for ≥ 2 years with no HIV-1 RNA values > 50 copies/mL at or after 48 weeks of ART
- Group 2: Initiated ART within 45 days after AHI diagnosis, virologically suppressed for ≥ 2 years, and no HIV-1 RNA values > 50 copies/mL at or after weeks of ART.
- Group 3: HIV-1 RNA <500 copies/mL prior to ART initiation, virologically suppressed for ≥1 year, and no HIV-1 RNA values >50 copies/mL at or after 48 weeks of ART.
- MED: This is an observational study; no treatment is provided.
- DUR: Up to 7 years. All subjects will undergo twice yearly blood and hair sample collections for immunologic, virologic, and pharmacologic evaluations, and every-other-year assessments of the HIV-1 reservoirs
- CALL: David Currin 919-966-2624; Erin Hoffman 919-843-0720; Jonathan Oakes 919-966-6712
CID 0807- A Phase I/II Investigation of the Effect of Vorinostat (VOR) on HIV RNA expression in the Resting CD4+ T Cells of HIV-Infected Patients Receiving Stable Antiretroviral Therapy
- Question: To compare HIV RNA expression within resting CD4+ cells in HIV-infected patients on stable ART before and after a single exposure to VOR and after exposure to short intervals of VOR dosed over several weeks.
- Population: 30, HIV-1 infected patients > 18 years of age with undetectable viral load and CD4 count > 300; no known cardiac hx or known resistance to ≥ 2 classes of drugs.
- Medication: VORINOSTAT
- Duration: Can be up to 52 weeks, with a minimal time commitment of 20 weeks.
- Call: JoAnn Kuruc 966-8533 or Emily Barrows 919-966-7747
CID 0819- Apheresis procedures to obtain leukocytes from HIV+ subjects
- Question: Investigate new methods of activating resting HIV infected cells in laboratory
- Population: VL < 50; CD4 > 350 and on HAART for > 6 months
- Duration: up to 3 years
- Contact: Amanda Crooks 919-843-9564
CID 1213- Assessing Short and Long Term Compliance with Caloric Intake in HIV Positive Women after Switching to Fixed Dose Combination of Rilpivirine, Emtricitabine and Tenofovir DF
- Question: To evaluate ease of compliance with the dietary requirement of this regimen in the population and determine association between caloric intake and virologic suppression
- Population: HIV+ females ≥ 18 years of age, currently on ART with suppressed VL (<50 cps/mL 6 months prior to study entry), and no known resistance to FTC, TDF or rilpivirine. Subjects must be of child bearing potential (defined as a premenopausal female capable of becoming pregnant) and willing to switch their ART to the study regimen (provided)
- Duration: 48 weeks. Laboratory and clinical monitoring will remain with their HIV clinic provider.
- Call: Erin Hoffman 919-843-0720