Eligiblity and IVB Award

Who is eligible:

First year or second year graduate students who are currently working or planning to work on vascular biology-related projects. You have to be a US citizen or a permanent resident to receive financial support from the training grant.

Awards:

Up to three years of stipend and 60% of tuition and fees (remaining 40% must be covered by mentor/department), and a travel allowance to attend a national meeting or to visit an outside institution to perform collaborative research each year.

Number of new positions:

At least 1 trainee will be selected this year. Additional positions may open up depending upon the success of fellowship   submissions by current IVB trainees


The IVB program may accept some other students, although financial supports are not available. Examples are:

  1. Students who are supported by individual fellowships such as from AHA, NSF and NIH.
  2. Dedicated students who wish to earn credits toward the UNC Cardiovascular Biology Certificate Program (Director: Dr. Chris Mack). Please send inquiries to Dr. Mack regarding the Certificate Program (cmack@med.unc.edu).

 

 Send inquiries regarding the IVB program to:

Christopher Mack, PhD

Professor of Pathology

 

Director, Integrative Vascular Biology Training Program

Director, Graduate Certificate Program In Cardiovascular Science

University of North Carolina

Chapel Hill, NC 27599

919.843.5512

cmack@med.unc.edu