Please note: It is the investigator's responsibility to get UNC Institutional Biosafety Committee approval to use the required shRNA clones.
How to Place an Order:
1. Please complete our order form and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Be sure to include the accession number of your target gene and/or shRNA TRCN number on the order form. Please specify whether you are ordering the entire shRNA set to your target gene (4-5 clones) or an individual shRNA clone.
You will be informed by email once the order is ready. Please bring a signed copy of the order form with you for pick up.
1. Please complete our and email to: email@example.com
2. Be sure to include the accession number of your target gene on the order form, and specify how many shRNA clones you wish to be packaged into viral particles.
3. Prepare the plasmid DNA:
• The DNA should be contained in a screw cap microtube (1.5 - 2 mL)
• The DNA should be purified either by cesium gradient or maxi/midi columns (do not use mini preps)
• 100ug DNA is required for a 10mL vector prep
• The DNA concentration should not be lower than 0.5 mg/mL
• The core will email you a designated packaging number for each shRNA clone. The tube MUST be labeled with that designated packaging number.
4. Deliver the prepared vector-plasmid DNAs along with a signed vector packaging order form to the core.
You will be notified by email when your order is ready with a scheduled pickup time. When you collect your order, you will be required to read and sign a biosafety form.
Please note that on the day of collection the vector particles will be kept at 4#C. This would allow you to aliquot your order according to your experimental needs. However, uncollected vector orders will be frozen. Future thawing and freezing may result in reduction in vector titer (up to twofold).
cDNA Bacterial Glycerol Stock
cDNA Virus Particles