The UNC Chapter of the Latino Medical Student Association's (LMSA) primary goal is to gather students of all backgrounds at the under- graduate and graduate levels alongside physicians, to work together on improving the health of the Latino community in North Carolina and beyond.
Our mission is to:
- Form a community between undergraduate students, medical students and physicians interested in Latino health.
- Further the recruitment and retention of underrepresented students in medicine
- Educate the general body of medical students on Latino health issues
- Advocate for the rights of Latinos in health care
- Provide leadership and volunteering opportunities for students