- To develop familiarity with the dynamics of inpatient care of patients on the internal medicine service, including:
- roles and responsibilities of different members of the physician team
- collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team
- principles of medical communication including charting, basic order writing, rounding, consultation
- To develop skills in assessment of acutely ill adults with a focus on problem formulation, differential diagnostic reasoning, and initial laboratory evaluation.