The UNC School of Medicine Parent and Family Council is open to all parents and family members of medical students and has no membership fees. The council meets twice annually and works with the Medical Foundation of North Carolina, Inc. to provide input on issues of interest to families.
The council works to engage and involve fellow parents of medical students by:
- Making welcome calls to first-year parents.
- Assisting with council member recruitment.
- Serving as an ambassador for the UNC School of Medicine in the local community.
Communications & Events
The council helps better connect medical student families by:
- Providing input on and volunteering at parent and family events including White Coat Ceremony and Spring Family Day & College Cup.
- Advising on how to improve communication with parents.
- Brainstorming new ways to engage and involve parents.
The council supports the UNC medical education experience by:
- Generating financial support for the Carolina Medical Friends and Families Fund.
- Meeting with faculty and students to better understand the need and impact of private support.
- Helping determine the specific student programs and needs supported by the Carolina Medical Friends and Families Fund.
For more information or to join the UNC School of Medicine Parent and Family Council, please contact Kelly Mansfield at (919) 843-6714 or firstname.lastname@example.org.