The Bloomer Hill Free Clinic is located in Whitakers, NC, which is approximately two hours east of Chapel Hill, near Rocky Mount. On the first Saturday of each month, medical students and an attending physician travel to Whitakers to provide much needed services to this community. Clinics run from 9:15-1:00.
All services are provided free of charge, which includes referrals to specialists and laboratory tests. Additionally, we make an effort to enroll patients in free prescription drug programs and to utilize $4 generic prescriptions whenever possible.
Diretions to the Clinic
1. I-40 East to I-540 (north and east direction).
2. Take I-540 to Hwy 64 E exit.
3. Exit 64 E onto Hwy 301 North (exit #468A, NC Wesleyan Exit).
4. Take left off the exit ramp.
5. Follow 301 North.
6. When the road splits, stay to the right onto 301 North.
7. As soon as you pass "Consolidated Diesel", be on the lookout for the Bloomer Hill Community Center on the right.