What is Fully Integrated Readiness for Service Training (FIRST)?
A new THREE-year medical school curriculum to fast-track into the UNC Family Medicine Residency Program, followed by three years of service in North Carolina.
- Enhanced curricular activities
- Continuity patient panel from the first day!
- Family Medicine faculty and resident mentorship
- Curriculum starts in March of first year
- Early responsibility
- Patient relationships
- Enhanced feedback
- Population health
- Efficient medical education
- Clinical track in Chapel Hill
- Guaranteed Residency placement in a North Carolina Family Medicine Residency Program. The entering class of 2015 will Match into the UNC Family Medicine Residency Program
- Partnerships with Office of Rural Health for links to service in North Carolina