Students participating in the program can expect the following:
- Evening dinner seminar series
- Involvement in the Public Health In-terest Group
- Mentored by SOM and SPH Faculty
- Serve as Mentors for Medical Educa-tion Development (MED) students
- Summer writing project (to be pub-lished) - stipend available
- Early acceptance and chance for scholarships for the MPH year if students choose to apply (www.hcandp.unc.edu)
- Travel funds available for meeting presentations.
- Graduates of the PCPH Scholars Program will receive special recognition including a certificate from the UNC School of Medicine.
- Those who complete a MPH degree will also have it announced at Graduation.
2014-2015 PCPH Scholars Seminar Series
9/10/14: Anthony Viera, MD, MPH - "Writing and Presentation of Scholarly Projects," Robert Bashford, MD - "Rural Underserved Scholars Program." Room 284, Family Medicine Building
10/21/14: Deborah Porterfield, MD, MPH - "Preventive Medicine," Bondurant 1074
11/13/14: Gayatri Ankem, MPH - "Medical Advocates for Healthy Air," 2005 Michael Hooker Research Center, School of Public Health
1/13/15: Richard Wardrop, MD, PhD, FAAP, FACP - "High Value Care," Bondurant 1074