Students participating in the program can expect the following:
- Evening dinner seminar series
- Mentored by SOM and SPH Faculty
- Summer writing project (to be pub-lished) - stipend available
- Early acceptance and chance for scholarships for the MPH year if students choose to apply (www.hcandp.unc.edu)
- Travel funds available for meeting presentations.
- Graduates of the PCPH Scholars Program will receive special recognition including a certificate from the UNC School of Medicine.
- Those who complete a MPH degree will also have it announced at Graduation.
- Access to Scholars Office (MacNider 113) with Wi-Fi, color scanner, coffee machine, microwave, & refrigerator.
2015-2016 PCPH Scholars Seminar Series (Upcoming):
11/12/15: Adam Zolotor, MD, MPH - "An Update from the NC Institute of Medicine," Room 284, Family Medicine Building
12/8/15, 12-1pm: Primary Care Panel, Bondurant 2035
January 2016: Crystal Cene, MD, MPH - "Health Disparities"
February 2016: Clinical Learning and Patient Teaching Workshop
11/9/15: PCPH Scholars Interest Meeting - Open to all First-Year UNC Med Students. Lunch is provided! Bondurant 4074
9/28/15: Mark Gwynne, DO - "Medical Informatics as a Key to Population Health Management," Room 284, Family Medicine Building
9/1/15: Anthony Viera, MD, MPH - "Writing and Presentation of Scholarly Projects." Room 284, Family Medicine Building
5/19/15: Erin Fraher, PhD: "Health Professions Workforce Needs for NC and the Policy Implications," Room 284, Family Medicine Buliding
4/20/15: Sam Weir, MD: "Patient Centered Medical Homes and ACAs," Room 284, Family Medicine Building
3/23/15: Adam Goldstein, MD, MPH - "Gun Permits," Room 284, Family Medicine Building
2/23/15: Jessica Pepper, PhD & Kurt Ribisl, PhD - "E-Cigarettes," 3005 Michael Hooker Research Center, School of Public Health
1/22/15: 2015 PCPH Scholars Orientation - Sue Tolleson-Rinehart, PhD - "The Affordable Care Act"
11/25/14: PCPH Scholars Interest Meeting - Open to all First-Year UNC Med Students. Lunch is provided! Bondurant 2035
2014-2015 PCPH Scholars Seminar Series
5/6/15: Clinical Learning and Patient Teaching Workshop
1/13/15: Richard Wardrop, MD, PhD, FAAP, FACP - "High Value Care"
11/13/14: Gayatri Ankem, MPH - "Medical Advocates for Healthy Air"
10/21/14: Deborah Porterfield, MD, MPH - "Preventive Medicine"
9/10/15: Anthony Viera, MD, MPH, Robert Bashford, MD - Scholarly Projects, Rural Scholars Program
5/19/15: Warren Newton, MD, MPH - "Cost, Quality, and Outcomes: An Overview"
4/28/14: Anissa Vines, PhD - "Health Disparities"
3/27/14: Laura Linnan, ScD - "Building Community Collaborations and An Academic Career: Lessons from the North Carolina BEAUTY and Health Project"
2/18/14: Sam Weir, MD, MPH - "Patient Centered Medical Home and Accountable Care Organizations"
1/30/14: 2014 PCPH Scholars Orientation