Students participating in the program can expect the following:
- Evening dinner seminar series
- Mentored by SOM and SPH Faculty
- Summer writing project (to be pub-lished) - stipend available
- Early acceptance and chance for scholarships for the MPH year if students choose to apply (www.hcandp.unc.edu)
- Travel funds available for meeting presentations.
- Graduates of the PCPH Scholars Program will receive special recognition including a certificate from the UNC School of Medicine.
- Those who complete a MPH degree will also have it announced at Graduation.
- Access to Scholars Office (MacNider 113) with Wi-Fi, color scanner, coffee machine, microwave, & refrigerator.
2014-2015 PCPH Scholars Seminar Series
9/10/14: Anthony Viera, MD, MPH - "Writing and Presentation of Scholarly Projects," Robert Bashford, MD - "Rural Underserved Scholars Program." Room 284, Family Medicine Building
10/21/14: Deborah Porterfield, MD, MPH - "Preventive Medicine," Bondurant 1074
11/13/14: Gayatri Ankem, MPH - "Medical Advocates for Healthy Air," 2005 Michael Hooker Research Center, School of Public Health
11/25/14: PCPH Scholars Interest Meeting - Open to all First-Year UNC Med Students. Lunch is provided! Bondurant 2035
1/13/15: Richard Wardrop, MD, PhD, FAAP, FACP - "High Value Care," Bondurant 1074
1/22/15: 2015 PCPH Scholars Orientation
2/23/15: Jessica Pepper, PhD & Kurt Ribisl, PhD - "E-Cigarettes," 3005 Michael Hooker Research Center, School of Public Health
3/23/15: Adam Goldstein, MD, MPH - "Gun Permits," Room 284, Family Medicine Building
4/20/15: Sam Weir, MD: "Patient Centered Medical Homes and ACAs," Room 284, Family Medicine Building
5/6/15: Clinical Learning and Patient Teaching Workshop, Bondurant 2025 (2014 Scholars)
5/19/15: Erin Fraher, PhD: "Health Professions Workforce Needs for NC and the Policy Implications," Room 284, Family Medicine Buliding