Criteria for Selection
- Are you in your first year of medical school at UNC-Chapel Hill?
- Do you possess a sincere commitment to return to North Carolina and practice in a rural area?
- Are you interested in a career in Primary Care (Family Medicine, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, and General Surgery)?
Additional Factors for Consideration
- Preference is given to students who are from a rural community.
- Applicants should be prepared to spend six weeks in Western North Carolina during the summer months between first and second year of medical school beginning mid-June and concluding in August.