New Instrumentation coming soon:
- LSRFortessa - 4-laser in BSL2 lab - Funded by Center for AIDS Research
- Amnis ImageStreamX Mark II - 3-laser/2-camera (12 channels) - Funded by NIH
- Intellicyt iQue Screener - 3-laser - Funded by NC Biotech Center
Move to Marsico Hall - pending (late May) Updated information on the move to Marsico Hall
The UNC Flow Cytometry Facility provides flow cytometry and related services to the entire UNC-CH research community as well as to others in the Research Triangle Park area. A skilled staff provides help with sorting, data acquisition, data analysis, and consultation for experiment design. Training is available to enable investigators and their staff to run the analytical cytometers themselves at reduced cost. A major part of our mission is to teach this technology to investigators, students, and staff. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about flow cytometry, if you want to know if you can use it in your research, how to design experiments, prepare samples, or how to analyze your data.
The core is located in the Department of Microbiology & Immunology, on the 6th floor of the Mary Ellen Jones Building, 116 Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC. (Directions)
Acknowledging the core in publications: Publication Acknowledgements
- All: Support by Cancer Center Support Grant.
- MoFloXDP, Stratedigm and FACSAria II: support by additional sources.
|CyAn MEJ||OK||MoFlo XDP||OK|
|CyAn Thurston||OK||FACSAria II (BSL-2)||OK|
|CyAn LCCC||OK||FACSAria III (self-sorting)||OK|