Assistant Professor, Adult Neurology
Clinical Interests: Stroke Prevention, Medical Education, Neurosonology, Vascular disease in young patients/women.
Current Funded Research Projects:
- North Carolina Collaborative Stroke Registry
- LIFER (Lower Ischemic Future Event Risk) Study Funded by Pfizer Foundation
- Continuous Medical Education for Stroke Care: Funded by BMS Foundation
- CLOSURE I Clinical Trial (Completed)
- Stroke Telemedicine And Recovery Project (STAR): Funded by Duke Endowment
- Stroke in HIV Patients
- Transcranial Doppler in IvIGG
UNC School of Medicine:
- Course Director- Capstone Course (MS IV)
- Tutor: Introduction to Clinical Medicine (MS I and MS II)
- Neurology Clerkship Faculty (MS III)
- Advanced Practice Selective Faculty: Porto, Protugal site
Certifications American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology: Adult Neurology, Vascular Neurology American Society of Neuroimaging 2002: Neurosonology
- Medical School: University Of The Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Internship and Senior House Officer: Johannesburg General Hospital
- Stroke Clinical Trials Research Coordinator, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- Internship: St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston
- Residency: Boston City Hospital/TUFTS Combined Neurology Residency Program
- Stroke/Vascular Neurology Fellowship: Lahey Clinic (Burlington, MA)
Gregory P, Edwards L, Faurot K, Williams SW, Felix AC.Top Stroke Rehabil. 2010 Sep-Oct;17(5):394-400.
- Early diffusion weighted MRI as a negative predictor for disabling stroke after ABCD2 score risk categorization in transient ischemic attack patients.
Asimos AW, Rosamond WD, Johnson AM, Price MF, Rose KM, Murphy CV, Tegeler CH, Felix A.Stroke. 2009 Oct;40(10):3252-7. Epub 2009 Jul 23.
- A multicenter evaluation of the ABCD2 score's accuracy for predicting early ischemic stroke in admitted patients with transient ischemic attack.
Asimos AW, Johnson AM, Rosamond WD, Price MF, Rose KM, Catellier D, Murphy CV, Singh S, Tegeler CH, Felix A.Ann Emerg Med. 2010 Feb;55(2):201-210.e5. Epub 2009 Jun 25.