The UNC Department of Neurology provides consultative and patient care services for patients referred from primary care physicians, other specialists and other neurologists. Following our evaluation, a detailed report is sent back to the referring physician.
Please have the following information ready:
- Name and address of the referring physician
- Correct spelling of patient's full and legal name
- Patient’s date of birth
- Social security number and insurance information including the name of the insurance carrier, name of the policy holder (subscriber name), and the policy number
Patients need to bring:
- UNC patient identification number if it has been issued
- All medications and supplements
- All insurance information
No Show/Cancellation Policy:
All new and established patients are informed at the time of appointment scheduling of the Late and No Show policy which took effect starting April 1, 2013. To create and/or maintain a patient/provider relationship with the UNC Neurology Clinic, all patients agree to the stipulations set forth in this policy. You may download a written copy of the official policy here
The UNC Neurology Clinic accepts most insurance carriers. Patients without insurance should contact the neurology financial counselor. When the initial appointment is made they will be given the financial counselors name and telephone number. Payment plans are available and can be discussed with the financial counselor at the time of visit.