This involved spending a month living in New York City and working at the ABC News headquarters on West 66th Street in Manhattan, where he researched and produced stories for "World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer" as well as "Good Morning America." He also wrote stories for the ABCNews.com Health section, and generally supported the medical desk in developing stories across the ABC News platforms, including ABC Radio. Bruce had the chance to visit the set of "Good Morning America" and "World News Tonight" for pieces he worked on, work directly with Dr. Richard Besser, ABC News medical anchor, and participate in other ABC News health programs, such as health tips and Twitter chat, and well as work on investigative pieces.
See Dr. Geryk's articles on the ABC News website:
- Truvada Gets FDA Nod for HIV Prevention
- Predicting the Course of Alzheimer's
- Sepsis: Blood Poisoning Kills Thousands, But No Drugs to Help
- Sepsis: How Doctors Miss Signs of Dangerous Infection
- New Technology Lets People Write Just With Their Eyes