Tumor refers to abnormal growth of tissue or cells and can occur in the brain and spinal cord.
We work closely with pediatricians, oncologists, and neurologists in the diagnosis and treatment of brain and spinal cord tumors in children. Treatment for brain and spinal cord tumors include surgery for biopsy and/or resection, CyberKnife, embolization, or shunting. In addition, chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy may be necessary.
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Overview
- Cerebral Palsy and Spasticity
- Chiari Malformations
- Craniosynostosis and Craniofacial Syndromes
- Fetal Surgery
- Pediatric Brain and Spinal Tumors
- Post Natal Management
- Stereotactic, Computer-guided Surgery
- Tethered Spinal Cord
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injury
- Vascular Malformations
- N.C. Children’s Hospital Specialty Clinic of Raleigh