Epilepsy refers to an abnormality in the brain that triggers seizures. There are many treatments for epilepsy that include medicine, nutritional therapies, surgery, or a combination of treatments.
We have great experience surgically treating children with epilepsy. These surgeries include placement of vagal nerve stimulators to surgically removing a portion of the brain.
We work closely with pediatrician and specialists known as neurologists to determine the best treatment.
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Overview
- Cerebral Palsy and Spasticity
- Chiari Malformations
- Craniosynostosis and Craniofacial Syndromes
- Fetal Surgery
- Pediatric Brain and Spinal Tumors
- Post Natal Management
- Stereotactic, Computer-guided Surgery
- Tethered Spinal Cord
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injury
- Vascular Malformations
- N.C. Children’s Hospital Specialty Clinic of Raleigh