Myelomeningocele and spina bifida refer to a defect of the spinal bones and spinal cord. This defect can occur anywhere along the spinal cord and is most common in the lumbar and sacral area of the lower back.
We work closely with obstetricians, maternal fetal medicine specialists, neonatologists, urologists, orthopedists, and physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists to provide high quality care as a newborn and throughout life.
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Overview
- Cerebral Palsy and Spasticity
- Chiari Malformations
- Craniosynostosis and Craniofacial Syndromes
- Fetal Surgery
- Pediatric Brain and Spinal Tumors
- Post Natal Management
- Stereotactic, Computer-guided Surgery
- Tethered Spinal Cord
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injury
- Vascular Malformations
- N.C. Children’s Hospital Specialty Clinic of Raleigh