- Surgical abortion in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy
- Abortion services for women with pregnancies complicated by medical conditions and fetal abnormalities
- Medical and surgical management of miscarriage
- Pre- and post-procedure counseling and follow-up
- Contraceptive counseling and services, including:
- Contraception medically complicated patients
- Insertion of IUDs and Implanon®
- Surgical and nonsurgical sterilization
Our services are covered by most insurance policies, and we offer affordable rates for those without insurance. Financial assistance is available.
Your privacy is very important to us.
Your experience will be very much like a trip to your regular health provider because our clinic is fully integrated into NC’s Women’s Hospital Clinics. This increases your confidentiality and may decrease concerns you might have.
24-hour Waiting Period
North Carolina law requires that you certify that you have been counseled by a physician or other qualified health professional at least 24-hours before termination of pregnancy. When you make an appointment in our clinic, you will also be given an appointment to speak with a physician on the phone at least 24-hours before your clinic visit.
If You’re a Minor
If you are under 18 years old, in the state of North Carolina, you can receive medical care for contraception and testing for sexually transmitted diseases without your parent’s or guardian’s consent. If you need an abortion procedure, you must have your parent’s or guardian’s consent.
For more information about UNC Family Planning Clinic click here.