Apr 11, 2013
from 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM
|Where||The William & Ida Friday Center|
|Contact Name||Jill Hunter|
|Add event to calendar||
Keynote speakers include Jeff Georgi, a psychotherapist and trainer who has worked in the substance abuse field for over 30 years, and Reverend Becca Stevens, the Episcopal Chaplain at St. Augustine’s at Vanderbilt University and Founder of Magdalene and Thistle Farms in Nashville. Other presentations and workshops related to substance abuse treatment are included. For more information and to register, visit www.unchorizons.org, email email@example.com or call 919-966-9803.
- Jeff Georgi, M.Div. M.A.H., LCAS, LPC, CGP
Mr. Georgi will present the morning keynote on Recovering as a Spiritual Path.
He is a psychotherapist and trainer who has worked with individuals, couples, families and groups around substance abuse prevention and intervention for over 30 years.
- Reverend Becca Stevens
Reverend Stevens will present the afternoon keynote on Small Acts in a Big World Make A Huge Difference. She has been the Episcopal Chaplain at St. Augustine’s at Vanderbilt University for 17 years.
She is also the founder of Magdalene and Thistle Farms in Nashville.
Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for a day of comprehensive and enlightening presentations and workshops.
The content of the conference will be of interest to physicians, NPs, PAs, midwives, nurses, social workers, psychologists, students, and others working with substance abusing women and their children.
In addition to the keynote talks, morning and afternoon workshops will include:
- The Psychology of Shame and Its Impact on Addiction (J. Georgi)
- Treating Prescription Opioid Dependent Women during Pregnancy: Treatment Considerations and Approaches (H. Jones)
- Children at Risk: What We Know and How We Can Help (N. Berson)
- The Tides of Recovery Change When Economic Independence is Realized (B. Stevens)
- Treatment Approaches for Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal (H. Jones)
- Parenting as an Adult Survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse (N. Berson)
The Room Block for UNC Horizons Conference 2013 has been created and now online room reservations are just a click away with your very own ResLink!
As soon as you guests click on the links given below, they will be directed to the Chapel Hill Courtyard by Marriott home page where they will find the special rates for the event pre-loaded in the appropriate field so that they can quickly make their room reservation. Please note the separate links for the individual room types offered.
Your guests also have the option of calling the hotel and mentioning the UNC Horizons Conference 2013 Block to make reservations through one of our At Your Service Guest Agents.
• Check-in: Wed Apr 10, 2013
• Check-out: Fri Apr 12, 2013
• Special rate available until: April 1, 2013
King $119 USD per night
Book King at Courtyard Chapel Hill for $119 USD per night
2 Queens $119 USD per night
Book 2 Queens at Courtyard Chapel Hill for $119 USD per night