Honors & Awards
- Read more...
- Eight UNC OB/GYN doctors listed as "Top Doctors" on the U.S. News & World Report website http://bit.ly/rkvHZ5
- UNC Hospitals ranked #1 in North Carolina for care of high risk deliveries by The Leapfrog Group http://t.co/yR61oWx
2011 UNC Lineberger Cancer Research Awards
Category: POPULATION SCIENCES
- Jennifer Mersereau, MD, MSCI for her research entitled "Cancer and Childbearing Potential: Surviving Without Regrets".
- Emily Ko, MD for her research entitled "Metformin for the Treatment of Endometrial Hyperplasia".
Gretchen Stuart, MD received $120,000 Large Research Grant from the Society of Family Planning for research entitled "Immediate postpartum vs. 4-8 week postpartum LNG-IUS use and breastfeeding: A randomized clinical trial".
Jennifer Tang, MD and Gretchen Stuart, MD received $70,000 Fellowship Research Grant for research entitled “A randomized controlled trial of a brief educational script of postpartum contraceptive uptake”.
Jennifer Tang, MD and Rachel Peragallo, MD both received NIH Loan Repayment Program Award for Contraception and Infertility Research.
Matt Zerden, MD and Gretchen Stuart, MD received $5,000 Resident Grant from the Society of Family Planning for research entitled "Intentions and satisfaction with contraceptive care: A qualitative exploration of postpartum Latina women in North Carolina".
Presentations - Listed by Meetings
Presentation at 2011 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting from June 1-5, 2011 in Chicago, IL.
- Emily M. Ko, J. Franasiak, K. Sink, W. R. Brewster, P. A. Gehrig, V. L. Bae-Jump.
"Obesity, diabetes, and race in Type 1 and Type 2 endometrial cancers".
- J. Kim, K. Oktay, C. Gracia, S. Lee, C. Morse, J. Mersereau.
"A multicenter analysis of the predictors of fertility preservation in women with breast cancer: Role of neoadjuvant chemotherapy."
- J. Mersereau, L. Kondapalli, U. Balthazar.
"Fertility preservation treatment options: What do patients actually understand about their choices?"
Second-trimester abortion for fetal anomalies or fetal death: labor induction compared with dilation and evacuation.
Obstet Gynecol. 2011 Aug;118(2 Pt 1):363.
Clarke-Pearson, DL and Tang, J.
Panel Discussants for“ACOG Update: Prevention and Management of Venous Thromboembolism in Gynecologic Surgery".
Volume 37, Issue 2 Publication date: August 1, 2011
Jordan S, Randall LM, Karamurzin Y, Ward P, Lin F, Brewster W, Monk BJ.
Differentiating squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix and epithelioid trophoblastic tumor.
Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2011 Jul;21(5):918-22.
Miller WC, Ko EM.
Does chlamydial infection increase the risk of cervical dysplasia?
Sex Transm Infect. 2011 Aug;87(5):366-7. Epub 2011 Jun 16.
Parnell BA, Whitehead WE, Geller EJ, Jannelli ML, Connolly A.
Overlapping anal sphincteroplasty: impact of suture selection on bowel symptoms.
J Reprod Med. 2011 May-Jun;56(5-6):187-91.
Semere LG, Ko E, Johnson NR, Vitonis AF, Phang LJ, Cramer DW, Mutter GL.
Endometrial intraepithelial neoplasia clinical correlates and outcomes.
Obstet Gynecol. 2011 Jul;118(1):21-8.
Level IV evidence--adverse anecdote and clinical practice.
N Engl J Med. 2011 Jul 7;365(1):8-9.
Watkins S, Meltzer-Brody S, Zolnoun D, Stuebe A.
Early breastfeeding experiences and postpartum depression.
Obstet Gynecol. 2011 Aug;118(2 Pt 1):214-21.
Van Le L, Ko E, Gehrig P, Difurio M, Bae-Jump V, Rossi E.
Tumor diameter as a predictor in endometrial cancer surgery: Yanazume et al.
Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011 Jun;204(6):563-4.
From Twitter (Includes IN THE NEWS)
- IN THE NEWS: UNC_Health_Care ranked #1 in the state for care of high risk deliveries with @LeapfrogGroup leapfroggroup.org/cp?frmbmd=cp_l…
- IN THE NEWS: Stress disorder linked to premature birth | News | Nursing Times: http://t.co/BVWSLta
- IN THE NEWS: Breastfeeding problems tied to moms' depression | Reuters http://t.co/kLv7uYp via @reuters
- IN THE NEWS: BBC News - Early birth stress disorder link http://t.co/m40siKZ UNC's Dr. Thorp quoted
- IN THE NEWS: Rocking oncologists use the stage to share hope | Articles http://bit.ly/pYlqxl
- IN THE NEWS: Eight UNC OB/GYN doctors listed as "Top Doctors" on the U.S. News & World Report website http://bit.ly/rkvHZ5
- IN THE NEWS: Oncologists by day, rock stars by night - The Washington Post http://t.co/SyV7AsZ via @washingtonpost Tar Heel Shout Out!
- IN THE NEWS: Health Behavior News Service - Drug Speeds Up Slow Labor but Doesn’t Prevent C-Sections http://t.co/nkPgMUQ | UNC's Dr. Thorp Co-Author
- IN THE NEWS: Futurity.org – Depression linked to breastfeeding woes http://bit.ly/nzV1dJ
- IN THE NEWS: New study from UNC ties breastfeeding struggles to postpartum depression. The Daily Post can relate. http://fb.me/OnHp0AHE
- IN THE NEWS: Study: Gene therapy could target ovarian cancer | Reesenews http://t.co/nESAB8E
- IN THE NEWS: Breastfeeding reduces maternal belly fat and risk of diabetes @Natural Healthcare Canada: http://t.co/NvxlauQ UNC's Dr. Stuebe co-author
- Great pix from Sunday @NEDtheband concert in DC via @tealtoes http://on.fb.me/p1wtJl Many thanks!!!
- What is Genetic Counseling? UNC's Emily Hardisty helps us understand http://bit.ly/n0sUEr #geneticcounseling #prenatal #pregnancy
- IN THE NEWS: Residents at Hospitals Told: ‘Take a Break’ http://t.co/9w9Q4PZ via @TriangleBIZJrnl
- IN THE NEWS: Gonna be great! RT @OCNA: R conf starts 2morrow! Excited 2 C friends, rock out w/ @nedtheband & hear @SMillerGold talk abt #ovariancancer
- IN THE NEWS: Treating Obesity in the Womb | http://t.co/HnegJU7 (via @ABC) UNC's Dr. Stuebe quoted #pregnancy #obesity
- @greenjnl Published ahead-of-print: "Early Breastfeeding Experiences and Postpartum Depression" http://t.co/Yexd8jb
- NED Inspires Change Through Music- Beliefnet.com http://t.co/9i8e9vn
- UNC research shows women with negative early #breastfeeding more likely to suffer postpartum depression #ppd http://bit.ly/qfiLNt
- IN THE NEWS: WSJ.com - Programming a Fetus for a Healthier Life http://on.wsj.com/m0Jiov | View video from UNC's Dr. Stuebe @ABC http://abcn.ws/pMQyf1
- NEJM Perspective from UNC's Dr. Alison Stuebe "Level IV Evidence - Adverse Anecdote and Clinical Practice" http://bit.ly/pGAytW
- IN THE NEWS UNC Study shows eating disorders may raise risk of depression in pregnancy http://1.usa.gov/pCs97t