- Baby-Friendly® USA, announces that North Carolina Women’s Hospital has received prestigious international recognition as a Baby-Friendly® birth facility. Read More…
Research and Meeting Awards
- At the 2012 SGO meeting this month, Dr. Bae-Jump officialy received the "SGO 2011 Annual Meeting Basic Science Award" for her oral presentation entitled "Development of a Preclinical Serous Ovarian Cancer Mouse Model" at last year's meeting.
- Dr. Andrea Crane received the Society of Urodynamics & Female Urology (SUFU) Fellow’s Travel Award in the amount of $500.
- Dr. Anuj Suri received the SGO Winter Meeting Best Oral Presentation Award for his abstract "Metformin Potently Inhibits Cell Proliferation, Adhesion and Invasion in Ovarian Cancer Cells".
- Departmental recipients of the 2012 North Carolina Cancer Hospital Endowment Fund Awards were:
- SeonAe Yeo, Paola Gehrig, Lixin Song, Wanda Thompson for "Clinic-based intervention to increase physical activity among Gynecologic Oncology Patients: A Pilot Study".
- Michelle Mendez, Victoria Bae-Jump, Debra Irwin, Liza Makowski, Lenore Arab for "Web-based 24 hour recalls to assess habitual diet among cancer survivors: A feasibility study".
- "Intrauterine Device Placement at Cesarean Delivery: A Randomized Controlled Trial". Society of Family Planning.
Co-Pis – Erika Levi and Gretchen Stuart $70,000.
- For their research entitled "Improving Outcomes for Women with GDM and their Infants", UNC School of Nursing faculty member Dr. Diane Berry (Lead PI), Dr. Alison Stuebe (MPI) and Dr. Sarah Verbiest (Co-I) from the SOM and Dr. Todd Schwartz from the School of Nursing and Biostatistics, have received pilot funding from the NIH/NIDDK for a study aimed to assist women with gestational diabetes, prevent prediabetes and type 2 diabetes and improve their infants’ outcomes. Read more...
- A phase 3, randomized, multicenter, open-label, randomized, multi-center study of a Levonorgestrel-Releasing Intrauterine System (20 mcg/day) and Mirena® for long-term reversible contraception up to five years. Protocol no.: M360-L102. Site Principal Investigator Stuart. $330,000.
- Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and genital tract viral shedding in HIV+ women using combined oral contraceptives and raltegravir. Merck Pharmaceuticals. Investigator-initiated. PI-Stuart. $496,000. 15% Effort
Filed under: Mar2012H&H