Honors & Awards
Dr. Champa Woodham was featured in the May 2011 edition of Ob.Gyn. News for her study entitled " Maternal 25(OH)D levels and sFLT-1/PlGF ratio improves predictability of severe preeclampsia in early pregnancy". This research was selected for presentation in the Fellows Oral Plenary session at The Annual Meeting of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine in San Francisco, CA in February of this year.
Dr. Alison Stuebe was awarded an ECHO Pilot Grant for Alamance/UNC Breastfeeding Collaboration (ABC) Project. Dr. Stuebe is the PI for the study and Dr. Wanda Nicholson is the mentor. The 16 month grant is for $12,000
The 6th annual Society for Women’s Health Research Medtronic Prize for Scientific Contributions to Women’s Health was presented to Denniz Zolnoun MD, MPH, Associate Professor in the Department of OB/GYN at the Society for Women’s Health Research (SWHR) Annual Gala Dinner on May 9th. Read more...
Presentations - Listed by Meetings
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists' Annual Clinical Meeting May 5-9, 2010 in Washington, DC
- Presidential Program
“Misogyny and Women’s Health”
- Poster Presentation
Tang J, Bartz D, Maurer R.
"Intrauterine device knowledge and practices among U.S. obstetrics and Gynecology residents"
Gynecologic Oncology Robotic Symposium IGORS IV May 5-6 2011 in Washington DC.
- John F Boggess
- Program Director for IGORS IV
- Live cadaveric dissection: abdominal/pelvic anatomy through the eyes of the robot
- Lecture: “Optimizing Robotic Approaches to Lymphadenectomy”, an interactive surgical tutorial-based session on Para-Aortic Lymphadenectomy
- Lecture: “Optimizing Robotic Approaches to Hysterectomy and Beyond”, an interactive surgical tutorial-based session on Radical Trachelectomy
- Lecture: "Optimizing Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopy in Obese and Medically Compromised Patients: Tips and Tricks"
- Moderator for the scientific session V in gynecologic oncology
- Surgical videos: see under Rabbie Hanna below
- Emma C Rossi
"Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping Using Robotically-Assisted Near Infrared Imaging and ICG for Endometrial and Cervical Cancer"
- Rabbie K. Hanna
- Surgical videos:
Rabbie K. Hanna and John F. Boggess. Robotic Assisted Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection During Pregnancy for Cervical Cancer.
Rabbie K. Hanna and John F. Boggess. Robotic Assisted Uretero-neocystotomy.
Presentations - Listed by Individuals
Susan Nickel, CNM
"Safety In Pregnancy"
Triangle Association of Women's Health Obstetric and Neonatal Nurse (AWHONN) on May 2
Higgins, Kathy, CNM
"Nutritional Supplements for Women"
UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont on May 25
Robinson, BL, Matthews, CA, Palsson, OS, Geller, EJ, Turner, M, Parnell, BA, Crane, AK, Jannelli, ML, Wells, EC, Connolly, AC, Whitehead, WW
Poster Presentation: Influence of Stool Consistency, Urgency, and Obstetric History on Fecal Incontinence.
Digestive Disease Week, International GI Conference, May 7-10, 2011 in Chicago, Il.
"Progesterone Action on Human Endometrium: Clinical and Physiological Perspectives"
Invited lecture at the 6th International Conference on the Female Reproductive Tract, May 20 - 23, 2011 in Frauenworth, Germany.
“Biopsychosocial Correlats of co-morbidity with IBS among women with Chronic Pelvic Pain“
Invited Oral presentation on overlapping conditions at the 9th International Symposium on Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders, April 7-10 , 2011 in Milwaukee, WI.
Ko EM, Van Le L.
Chemotherapy for gynecologic cancers occurring during pregnancy.
Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2011 May;66(5):291-8.
Makrigiorgos G, Santana S, Sanchez E, Sadacharan R, Stuebe A, Merewood A.
A national website to track hospital discontinuation of formula sample pack distribution: accuracy of self-report.
J Hum Lact. 2011 May;27(2):113-4.
Parnell, B, Whitehead, W, Geller E, Jannelli, J, Connolly A.
Overlapping anal sphincteroplasty: Impact of suture selection on bowel symptoms.
J. Repro Med. May/June 2011;56:187-191.
Savaris RF, Groll JM, Young SL, DeMayo FJ, Jeong J-W, Hamilton AE, Giudice LC, Lessey BA.
Progesterone Resistance in PCOS Endometrium: a Microarray Analysis in Clomiphene Citrate-Treated and Artificial Menstrual Cycles.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab: 2011 96(6):1737-46.
Sheffield JS, Hickman A, Tang J, Moss K, Kourosh A, Crawford NM, Wendel GD Jr.
Efficacy of an accelerated hepatitis B vaccination program during pregnancy.
Obstet Gynecol. 2011 May;117(5):1130-5.
Zhang Z, Zolnoun DA, Francisco EM, Holden JK, Dennis RG, Tommerdahl M.
Altered Central Sensitization in Subgroups of Women With Vulvodynia.
Clin J Pain. 2011 May 17. [Epub ahead of print]
From Twitter (Includes IN THE NEWS)
- IN THE NEWS: VIDEO: Did you miss Dr. Van Le on this weekend's Rex On Call? No worries, you can view it here http://youtu.be/9slssg80EAQ
- More Information for YOU - Fibulin-5 and Pelvic Organ Prolapse http://bit.ly/lO0tze
- You're NOT eating for 2. UNC's Dr. Stuebe shares research http://bit.ly/lqk806
- Editorial by UNC's Dr. Honor Wolfe RT @greenjrnl: The June 2011 issue is now available online: http://bit.ly/f3XiHZ
- What vitamins should I take? Kathy Higgins, CNM will be at UNC Wellness Center Wed 5/25 6:30-8:00 pm to help http://bit.ly/j9e6Mr
- More Information for You - HPV and Pap Tests http://bit.ly/iRdG8Z
- UNC's Dr. Chescheir author RT @greenjrnl: New Article: Global Obesity and the Effect on Women's Health... http://bit.ly/kWE8ce
- Meet Trina Pugh. She wants to share her UNC Midwifery story http://bit.ly/jVgRD9
- Dr. Chescheir responses to ACOG's "Ask the Expert" questions about obesity and women's health http://bit.ly/lCVeuV
- UNC's Dr. Mersereau comments on recently published research about stress and fertility treatment. http://on.fb.me/k1gYB9
- N.E.D. sophomore CD set to release 6/21. Join the mailing list to stay up-to-date http://bit.ly/mabcPL
- VIDEO: Joscelyne Brazile from Durham, NC shares her experience with UNC Midwifery. http://youtu.be/W1KXmouTcuE
- It's T-Shirt Time!!! http://on.fb.me/mfPsBI
- New VBAC guidelines. Who's a candidate? http://bit.ly/jeytNO
- "I set out to understand the nature of pain in gynecology.." read more of Dr. Zolnoun's acceptance speech http://bit.ly/luTuBd
- IN THE NEWS: UNC's Dr. Denniz Zolnoun the winner of the prestigious SWHR Medtronic Prize http://bit.ly/kof32j
- Do patients know enough about fertility preservation? http://1.usa.gov/hi9ncM www.med.unc.edu/fertilitypreservation
- Thank you UNC OB/GYN Nurses !! Everyday this group does something amazing to help women - for that we thank you http://on.fb.me/mp6u7c
- "It's a Mother's Day " Very personal blog by UNC OB/GYN Alum Dr. Rink Murray about experiencing childless Mother's Day http://bit.ly/mCSCqa
- UNC''s Real Doctors, Real People: Featuring how Dr. John Steege applies surgical skills to woodworking http://bit.ly/hmbCvx
- IN THE NEWS: Misogyny kills women around the globe. UNC's Dr. David Grimes presents at #ACOG2011 http://bit.ly/jua4S7
- IN THE NEWS: Making Strides. Minority women as physicians. UNC OB/GYN's Dr. Alice Chuang featured in UNC Med Bulletin http://bit.ly/m4fwaJ
- VIDEO: UNC's Dr. Catherine Matthews talks about urinary incontinence on the latest Rex Healthbreak http://youtu.be/wnpnruCNqfA
- IN THE NEWS: Powerful video from UNC's Dr. Grimes RT @acognews: How misogyny hurts women's health http://ow.ly/4LDE6 #ACM2011