Participation in the SURE-REU Program is restricted to US citizens or permanent residents. The 2014 Program will begin Sunday, May 18th and end Friday, July 25th. Students should not plan to leave before 10am on July 25th. It is essential that all participants arrive on or before Sunday, May 18th; if you will be unable to meet this requirement, we ask that you not submit an application.
Only online applications are accepted. When completing the online application, please have the following materials available:
- An essay describing your career goals and reasons for wanting to participate in a summer research program
- Names, email addresses and phone numbers of faculty that will be submitting letters of recommendation
- Your current cumulative GPA
You will be required to enter these materials into the online application. You will not be allowed to submit an incomplete application so it is essential that you have these materials ready before submitting an application.
After you have submitted the online application (a link to application is below), we will require the following to complete your application:
- We require that the two faculty members you indicate on your application send (from the email address you listed for them) their letter of recommendation as an attachment to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only letters in text format (.txt) MS Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF(.pdf) files will be accepted.
- In addition, we require that you send an unofficial transcript to email@example.com. This should be a pdf or similar file format listing all the college courses you have taken and the grades received.
Due to the large volume of applications, the Program is unable to notify applicants when applications are complete.
Write us at:
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7100
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org