Cultural Competence Resources (These resources are courtesy of UNC Gillings™ School of Global Public Health)
Not required, but we encourage you to review the material found on these websites to help facilitate working effectively abroad.
- Cultural Competency Online Course (Unite for Sight)
- Ethical Challenges in Short-Term Global Health Training (Stanford University and Johns Hopkins University)
- Specifically modules: Developing Cultural Understanding, Ensuring Personal Safety, Selecting a Research Project, and Understanding Informed Consent
- Culture Matters (Peace Corps)
- Culturally Sensitive Photography Guidelines