OIA Global Health Resource Library
Our office has a wide array of global health books, documentaries, textbooks, and Spanish language study materials available for students and residents to checkout. You can access the materials in 1066 Bondurant Hall, and see a general list of titles below.
UNC Health Sciences Library
The HS Library offers an abundance of global health resources for medical students and residents.
For more specific questions, directly contact Mellanye Hackey, Library Liaison for the School of Public Health
Q&A Guidance for Medical Students and Residents Considering a Global Health Career
Global Health Resources at UNC
International Student Groups at UNC
Local International Resources (in the Triangle)
Triangle Global Health Consortium (monthly breakfast lectures – open to students)
FHI 360 (formerly Family Health International)
- March 30, 2017: - By Irving Hoffman MPH, PA and Susan Pusek MPH, MS
Other Helpful Resources
- Become informed about opportunities for residents to explore Global Health
The leading provider of reliable and impartial travel health advice. Membership is free.
- The consortium of Universities for Global Health is committed to building collaborations and exchange of knowledge among interdisciplinary university global health programs working across education, research and service.
Global Health Education Consortium (GHEC)
- GHEC (formerly IHMEC, and now merged with CUGH) is a consortium of faculty and health care educators dedicated to international health education in U.S. and Canadian medical schools and residency programs. Useful information on funding sources, elective opportunities, international health resources, etc.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- The AMSA global health committee international health website has an enormous amount of information about international health in medical education issues, including resource lists, medical school curricula, funding possibilities, info on residencies with international health tracks, and "bringing international health home" ideas. The on-line clinical and research curriculum are also available on this page.
- Initiative of the AAFP to coordinate/support international health work in AAFP, particularly consultation roles in the development of family medicine internationally (known as the Center for International Health Initiatives or CIHI)
International Child Health - Funding an International Health Elective http://www.aap.org/sections/ich/resfunding.htm
- STFM also has a very active international health committee working on issues of international medical education.
- Non-profit, non-affiliated organization working to improve health and human rights world-wide.
Every summer they offer a tuition-FREE preparatory course for medical students and others in health care fields who plan to work in a developing country. Detailed and updated information about the course, including the application form, can be found at http://globalhealth.arizona.edu/clinical-community-care-course