How can I increase my email quota?
- For instructions on how to increase your email quota please refer to the document on Exchange Quota Increase.
How can I access my email after the email migration?
- To access email via the web use Outlook web client at http://outlook.unc.edu enter your ONYEN and ONYEN password when prompted for username and password. For more information on how to use the web based email client please visit the Outlook Web App document.
- To update your exisiting mail program to receive and send mail please refer to Configuring Email and Calendar Clients.
How do I get email on my smartphone?
- To get exchange email on your iPhone or iPod Touch, follow the instructions for Exchange with iPhone and iPod Touch.
- To get Exchange email on your Android mobile phone, follow the instructions for Exchange Android Configuration.
- To get Exchange email on your Blackberry with Blackberry Enterprise Service, follow the instructions for Blackberry Enterprise Service.
Will I still be able to use my med.unc.edu email address after the migration?
- Yes, you will be able to send and receive email at your med.unc.edu email address after the migration
I have a campus email and a med.unc.edu email account, what will happen to these when I migrate?
- As part of the migration the two accounts will be merged together with all server side email. You will only have one email account and for most users the primary email address will be your med.unc.edu address. Please note: Your campus email account combined with your med.unc.edu may put you over the 2 GB quota. You will be notified if this is the case. For information on how to increase your quota please refer to Exchange Quota Increase document.
How can I move my Address Book from webmail.med.unc.edu into outlook.unc.edu?
- Please refer to the moving web address book instructions.
I am interested in using Outlook for my mail program where can I get more information?
- To learn more about Outlook go to Microsoft Outlook 2010 User Guide
I am a department technician can I still schedule a migration for group of users in my department?
You can schedule migrations for your users until August 11th 2011. To do this please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a spreadsheet of users to be migrated:
- PIDs for each user to be migrated
- Date to be migrated (24 hour notice required)
- Identify Blackberry users
- Existing Email Quota
After August 11th you will no longer be able to schedule migrations. All remaining users will be scheduled to migrate by OIS.
Where can I go for more information?
For assistance on email or help after email migration please contact 962-HELP or email@example.com
Find general information about the Microsoft Exchange project at UNC please go to http://www.unc.edu/exchange