Uninstalling the Cisco IPSec VPN Client - Windows
The Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is the recommended client for accessing the UNC VPN. If you are having trouble accessing the VPN, follow the uninstall instructions below to remove the old version of the Cisco VPN client BEFORE installing Cisco AnyConnect.
- Open the Control Panel
- In Windows Vista/7 open the Control Panel by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel.
- In Windows 8 open the Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + X or by right clicking the start menu.
- Click on “Programs”, “Programs and Features”, or “Uninstall a program” depending on the view selected.
- Find the Cisco VPN client in the list of programs, click “Uninstall”, and click yes if you are asked to confirm.
- If the VPN is currently running you may be prompted to close the application first. Select the option to close the program automatically and click OK.
- Make sure to reboot before installing a different VPN client.