UNC School of Medicine HeelStream™ is an online service for hosting media files for online streaming. Faculty and staff may request media libraries for course materials, special projects, and for website multimedia.
Benefits of HeelStream
- On-Campus hosting and support for HeelStream and integration into webpages on the School of Medicine Web System
- Accepts longer video lengths and larger file sizes that would typically be rejected from consumer streaming services *
- High quality video that streams well on the web
- A secure environment to host your media files **
- Content is securely uploaded using SFTP
- Streams are encrypted
- Access to content may be restricted using a UNC ONYEN
* Original files uploaded may not exceed 20GB; Libraries are limited to 200 GB based on the web optimized (compressed) file sizes.
** Appropriate consent must be obtained to upload sensitive data (e.g. Protected Health Information, Intellectual Property). Additionally, when necessary, users must apply appropriate security to the content to be in compliance with HIPAA security policies. Training is available.
- The Classroom Services Team
To request specific services, please use our Online Request Forms:
- Library Request (To have a library created)
- User Access Request (Access control for adding to/editing your library)
- Security Group Request (Access control for viewing content/playlists)
- Requests for tech support and information may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.