The Office of Research provides a variety of infrastructure support for investigators in the School of Medicine and throughout the institution. One of the strengths of the research at UNC is the extremely active collaborative work that involves all 5 Health Affairs Schools, plus the College of Arts & Sciences, the School of Social Work, and the Law School. This office provides assistance with many types of grants, but especially with equipment, training and multidisciplinary efforts. For assistance with the items listed below please contact Dede Corvinus or (919)966-8089.
- Boilerplate for Resource section of proposals
- Assistance with instrumentation grants
- Assistance with proposal preparation
- Information on proposal processing at UNC
- Information on Conflict of Interest issues
- Limited submission awards [campus-wide, see Off. of Research Development]
- Requests for assistance with research faculty startup packages
- Requests for assistance with retention packages for current faculty
- Animal space and care issues
- Information on Core facilities
- SOM team-based pilot projects
- Information on Bridge funding
For more detailed information and links to UNC Core facilities please see the Core Facilities page.
For lab and office space issues, please contact the Planning Office
For graduate student issues [including the BBSP], please contact the Office of Graduate Education.
Opportunities for research for Medical Students, please contact the Office of Medical Student Research.
Institutional information on Industry Partnerships
Other helpful institutional links:
- SOM Sponsored Program Office
- UNC Office of Sponsored Research
- Website for various forms used by UNC for research infrastructure
- -Division of Laboratory Animal Medicine
- IACUC-Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- UNC Research Compliance Program
- Lab Safety and training - Environment, Health and Safety
- Research Reports and Rankings [from OSR]
- NIH Rankings of SOMs and Departments [Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research]
- Limited submission awards [Office of Research Development]