What is UNC CareLink?
- An online extension of UNC's new Epic electronic medical record that enables referring providers and staff to easily access patient information and follow the progress of care delivered at UNC Health Care
- Web-based portal for community providers and clinical staff
- Replaces current read-only WebCIS and read-only Cerner applications
- Provides access to view all medical records and ancillary services for patients referred by your practice
What are the benefits?
- Shared medical record with community practices and staff
- Enhances communication and keeps referring practices "in the loop"
- Provides access to scheduled appointments, medications, allergies and outpatient and inpatient notes (including admissions, discharges and emergency services)
- Helps with CMS Meaningful Use and patient-centered medical home efforts
- Enables providers to send secure messages to UNC providers regarding their patient's care and access an unassigned patient's medical record
- Contains historical WebCIS and Cerner information on your patients in addition to any new patient information
How to enroll?
- Enroll online at unccarelink.org
- Call the Carolina Consultation Center at (800) 862-6264